Does piperacillin and tazobactam injection interact with other drugs?

Piperacillin and tazobactam injection (Zosyn) may interact with other antibiotics, aspirin, blood thinners and anticoagulants. It may interact with methotrexate, probenecid and clopidogrel.

Before beginning treatment with piperacillin and tazobactam, tell your doctor about all of the prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbal supplements and recreational drugs you are taking.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...