Does piperacillin and tazobactam injection interact with other drugs?

Piperacillin and tazobactam injection (Zosyn) may interact with other antibiotics, aspirin, blood thinners and anticoagulants. It may interact with methotrexate, probenecid and clopidogrel.

Before beginning treatment with piperacillin and tazobactam, tell your doctor about all of the prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbal supplements and recreational drugs you are taking.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...