If I'm taking theophylline, is it okay for me to take Ketek?

If you are taking theophylline (a drug used for asthma and other respiratory conditions that's sold under the brand names Elixophyllin, Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl and others), you can also take the Ketek (telithromycin). However, you shouldn't take the two medicines at the same time. Schedule the Ketek, an antibiotic for treating certain kinds of pneumonia, for at least one hour before or one hour after taking your theophylline. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist for information on how these drugs interact with each other.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...