If I get diarrhea while I'm taking Ketek, can I take Imodium?

If you get diarrhea while taking the antibiotic Ketek (telithromycin), you shouldn't take Imodium or any other diarrhea medicine without checking with your doctor -- and you should call your doctor right away. Getting diarrhea while you're taking an antibiotic like Ketek may mean that you have a new infection.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...