How soon after taking sulfadiazine will my symptoms improve?

Sulfadiazine is usually taken by mouth up to six times a day, but the rate at which you see results with sulfadiazine varies from person to person. You may feel the effects of sulfadiazine within a few days. However, even if you feel well you should not stop taking sulfadiazine without the approval of your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...