How will I receive quinupristin-dalfopristin?

Dalfopristin and quinupristin is given as an injection through a needle placed into a vein. Your doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider will give you this injection. Dalfopristin and quinupristin is most often given in a hospital setting. The medicine must be given slowly through an IV infusion, and can take up to one hour or longer to complete. Dalfopristin and quinupristin is usually given for at least seven days or longer for more severe infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines recommend antibiotics before going to the dentist fo...