How does sulfadiazine treat bacterial infections?

Sulfadiazine treats bacterial infections by deterring the growth and reproduction of bacteria in your system. Sulfadiazine is a medication that treats bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, and is classified as a sulfa drug or a sulfonamide antibiotic.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
Some people may say there's no harm in taking antibiotics if you feel bad, but if you're fighting of...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When cold or flu germs infect the nose, the nose makes mucus to help wash the germs away. At fir...