Dificid (fidaxomicin), an antibiotic for severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, should start to work within a few days. It is usually taken twice a day for 10 days. Even if you start to feel better in a day or two, continue to take the pills as your doctor has told you for the full course of the treatment. That will help ensure that you recover fully and that Dificid can work for you if you need it again in the future.
- Q When can I stop taking Dificid?
- Q What are the possible side effects of Dificid?
- Q Who should not take Dificid?
- Q Is there a generic version of Dificid?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking Dificid?
- Q Can Dificid interact with other medications or foods?