Dificid (fidaxomicin), an antibiotic for severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, should start to work within a few days. It is usually taken twice a day for 10 days. Even if you start to feel better in a day or two, continue to take the pills as your doctor has told you for the full course of the treatment. That will help ensure that you recover fully and that Dificid can work for you if you need it again in the future.
- Q Why is it important not to miss a dose of Dificid?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Dificid?
- Q What is Dificid?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking Dificid?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Dificid?
- Q Can Dificid interact with other medications or foods?