Dificid (fidaxomicin), an antibiotic for severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, should start to work within a few days. It is usually taken twice a day for 10 days. Even if you start to feel better in a day or two, continue to take the pills as your doctor has told you for the full course of the treatment. That will help ensure that you recover fully and that Dificid can work for you if you need it again in the future.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Dificid?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Dificid?
- Q Is there a generic version of Dificid?
- Q Can Dificid interact with other medications or foods?
- Q What should I know about Dificid before taking it?
- Q When can I stop taking Dificid?