How soon after using bacitracin will my symptoms improve?

In most cases, your symptoms should improve within a week with applications of bacitracin ointment. If you do not see improvement in the appearance of your small cut or abrasion or the wound looks worse, stop using bacitracin and contact your doctor. Remember not to use bacitracin on puncture wounds or large cuts.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
What types of infections can antibiotics treat?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antibiotics are medicines that only treat bacterial infections. Different medicines kill different t...