How should I take sulfadiazine?

You should follow the directions of your doctor precisely regarding your dosage of sulfadiazine. It is available in tablet form and is usually taken by mouth up to six times a day. Sulfadiazine can be taken with or without food. However, it is recommended that you take sulfadiazine with plenty of water to ensure proper absorption of the medication. Do not stop taking sulfadiazine without the approval of your doctor. Avoid missing doses of sulfadiazine. When you skip a dose of this medicine, or do not finish it completely, you allow the bacteria that is causing your infection to grow back.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...