How should I take nitrofurantoin?

Nitrofurantoin should be taken orally at meals along with a glass of water. The liquid form of nitrofurantoin should be shaken thoroughly before ingesting. Nitrofurantoin is normally taken between two and four times per day for at least a week to treat a urinary tract infection. It's  recommended that you drink more fluids while on nitrofurantoin.  Other medications may interact with Nitrofurantoin, you should talk to your doctor about all medications and supplements you're taking before you start on Nitrofurantoin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...