How should I take fosfomycin?

To take fosfomycin, pour all of the granules in a single-dose packet into a glass. Mix in threeor four ounces (90 to 120 milliliters) of cold water. Continue mixing until all the granules have dissolved. Drink everything in the glass. Do not take the granules without first dissolving them in water. Do not take more or less than prescribed.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Triple antibiotic agents are usually creams or ointments that contain 3 antimicrobial agents. The id...
When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
Some people may say there's no harm in taking antibiotics if you feel bad, but if you're fighting of...