How should I take amikacin?

You should receive amikacin exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be every eight hours. Since it is administered by injection, you will usually receive it in the hospital, not at home. Amikacin is given most often through an intravenous (IV) infusion, and sometimes it is administered intramuscularly (IM).

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...