How should I store fosfomycin?

Store fosfomycin in a tightly closed container at room temperature in a dry, dark place. Don't keep it in the bathroom. Keep it out of reach of pets and children. Do not use it past its expiration date or for any ailment for which it has not been prescribed. Talk to your pharmacist about how to dispose of any leftover medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
Can antibiotics cure Lyme disease?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Two key points about Lyme disease:Active Lyme disease can persist after antibiotic therapy.Active Ly...