How should I use bacitracin?

You should use bacitracin exactly as directed by your doctor or as instructed on the package label. You can use ointment on small cuts or abrasions to help prevent bacterial infection. Wash your hands and then clean the abraded area with soap and water. Dry the skin. Apply a light coat of the ointment over the area. You can cover the wound with a clean bandage, if needed. Keep the area clean, and apply another light coat of ointment up to three times per day. The ophthalmic ointment should be used exactly as directed by your doctor. The injectable will be administered to you.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...