How should I use bacitracin?

You should use bacitracin exactly as directed by your doctor or as instructed on the package label. You can use ointment on small cuts or abrasions to help prevent bacterial infection. Wash your hands and then clean the abraded area with soap and water. Dry the skin. Apply a light coat of the ointment over the area. You can cover the wound with a clean bandage, if needed. Keep the area clean, and apply another light coat of ointment up to three times per day. The ophthalmic ointment should be used exactly as directed by your doctor. The injectable will be administered to you.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...