How should I take clindamycin?

If you're using clindamycin capsules, be sure to swallow them with a full glass of water. That will prevent throat irritation. If you take liquid clindamycin, shake the bottle well before pouring to distribute the medicine evenly. Drink a glass of water after taking liquid clindamycin. Take the entire course of medicine your doctor has prescribed. Don't stop taking clindamycin because you feel better. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...