How should I take clindamycin?

If you're using clindamycin capsules, be sure to swallow them with a full glass of water. That will prevent throat irritation. If you take liquid clindamycin, shake the bottle well before pouring to distribute the medicine evenly. Drink a glass of water after taking liquid clindamycin. Take the entire course of medicine your doctor has prescribed. Don't stop taking clindamycin because you feel better. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...