How can I minimize the side effects of Dificid?

You can minimize the side effects of Dificid (fidaxomicin) by taking it exactly as your doctor advises. It is an antibiotic prescribed for diarrhea caused by Clostridium difficile, a bacterium that can cause severe, even life-threatening symptoms. To minimize side effects, let your doctor know if you have any symptoms that bother you or won't go away. Do not skip any doses of Dificid, and take the entire course of treatment that your doctor prescribes even if you start to feel better. Otherwise, it may not be effective against diarrhea and could lead to bacteria becoming resistant, so that it may not work for you if you get another infection.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

do antibiotic ointments have any side effects ?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...
how do antibiotics work ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Antibiotics kill single-cell organisms called bacteria. If bacteria make it past our immune systems ...
who should not use an antibiotic ointment ?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...
can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools ?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...