How is kanamycin stored?

Since kanamycin is administered in the hospital, it is usually stored in the hospital pharmacy at room temperature away from heat and moisture.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Mitzi Conover, MDMitzi Conover, MD
Oftentimes, ear infections are treated with antibiotics. It's very common in children under the ...
How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...