How does kanamycin interact with other medications?

Kanamycin can interact with cyclosporine, fludarabine, methoxyflurane, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle relaxers, succinylcholine or digoxin. Intravenous penicillin should not be administered through the same IV line. Using kanamycin along with a diuretic may cause side effects such as hearing loss. In general, the doctor needs to know about all of the medications, vitamins, supplements or herbs being taken while receiving kanamycin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...