How does kanamycin interact with other medications?

Kanamycin can interact with cyclosporine, fludarabine, methoxyflurane, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle relaxers, succinylcholine or digoxin. Intravenous penicillin should not be administered through the same IV line. Using kanamycin along with a diuretic may cause side effects such as hearing loss. In general, the doctor needs to know about all of the medications, vitamins, supplements or herbs being taken while receiving kanamycin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...