How is demeclocycline (Declomycin) formulated?

Demeclocycline (Declomycin) is formulated as a tablet. It is usually is taken by mouth two to four times daily with a full glass of water. Like other tetracycline antibiotics, demeclocycline should be taken on an empty stomach, and should never be taken with dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese or ice cream.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...