How is daptomycin (Cubicin) stored?

The antibiotic daptomycin (Cubicin) may be given in the home health-care setting in some circumstances, and may need to be stored there. Follow all directions for storage as directed by the manufacturer, doctor or nurse.

Medication supplies may include syringes because the antibiotic is injected. Your doctor should provide you with a biohazard needle container for proper disposal of used needles. Keep the medication and all supplies away from the reach of children. If the medication is expired, ask your doctor or pharmacist about how best to discard it.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...