How does clindamycin work?

Clindamycin treats and prevents infections. It belongs to a class of drugs called antibiotics. These medications destroy bacteria in the body that cause infections. Clindamycin works by blocking protein production by the bacteria.  These proteins are needed in order for the bacteria to survive.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...