How do I take ampicillin and sulbactam?

Ampicillin-sulbactam comes as a white powder to be reconstituted for injection. Your doctor or healthcare provider will mix the powder with sterile solution and inject the solution into a muscle or through an intravenous (IV) line. If an IV is used, the medicine will be given to you slowly, over a period of 30 minutes.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines recommend antibiotics before going to the dentist fo...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...