How do I store amikacin?

If you're administering amikacin injections at home, you will need to store the drug as directed by the pharmacy that dispensed it: either in the refrigerator or the freezer. If frozen, move your medication from the freezer to the refrigerator 24 hours before it will be used. One hour before you need it, move the medication from the refrigerator to a safe place at room temperature. After thawing a dose of the medication, if it is not used, do not refreeze it.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...