How do I store amikacin?

If you're administering amikacin injections at home, you will need to store the drug as directed by the pharmacy that dispensed it: either in the refrigerator or the freezer. If frozen, move your medication from the freezer to the refrigerator 24 hours before it will be used. One hour before you need it, move the medication from the refrigerator to a safe place at room temperature. After thawing a dose of the medication, if it is not used, do not refreeze it.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
Antibiotics-when taken for viral infection-can actually have a negative effect by killing only the s...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...