How do I take neomycin?

Neomycin is available as a tablet or as a liquid solution. Both forms should be taken with food and plenty of water to diminish stomach irritation and decrease the chances of dehydration. A child's dose is based on body size and will be determined by a doctor.

Neomycin treatment usually takes five to six days. To effectively remove infection from the body, you must take neomycin regularly for the entire course of treatment. If you miss a dose, take neomycin as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next regular dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule. Never take two doses of neomycin at once.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics cure Lyme disease?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Two key points about Lyme disease:Active Lyme disease can persist after antibiotic therapy.Active Ly...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...