Does bacitracin interact with other medications or foods?

Bacitracin may cause adverse reactions in some people who take certain medications. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to polymyxin, neomycin, aminoglycoside antibiotics, bacitracin, gentamicin, kanamycin, paromomycin, tobramycin, and zinc. Also, tell your doctor if you are taking aminoglycoside antibiotics, including gentamicin (Garamycin), amikacin (Amikin), kanamycin (Kantrex), paromomycin or tobramycin (Nebcin and Tobi). Tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking, including supplements. There are usually no restrictions on foods you can eat while taking this medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...