How does gentamicin sulfate ointment interact with medications?

Using other eye medications during treatment with gentamicin ophthalmic ointment may cause one or the other to be less effective. When multiple medications are to be applied to the eye, they should be separated by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter eye medicines.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...