Is there a generic version of Zyvox?

A generic equivalent of the injection form of Zyvox (linezolid) is available, but there are no generics for the oral tablet or liquid forms. Zyvox is an antibiotic used to treat infections caused by certain bacteria that are resistant to other antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What is an antibiotic?
Dr. Ronald G. Glass, DDSDr. Ronald G. Glass, DDS
An antibiotic is a substance (usually a drug) that either inhibited growth or kills a germ. In order...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Mitzi Conover, MDMitzi Conover, MD
Oftentimes, ear infections are treated with antibiotics. It's very common in children under the ...