Is there a generic version of imipenem and cilastatin?

A generic version of imipenem-cilastatin (brand name: Primaxin) is available. Imipenem is an antibiotic given by injection to treat infections in the bones and joints, blood, urinary tract, lungs and other parts of the body. Cilastatin prevents the body from inactivating the antibiotic too quickly.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...