Is there a generic version of amikacin?

Amikacin is the name of the active ingredient and is the name of the generic products. The brand name version for amikacin is Amikin, which is no longer manufactured.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...