Is there a generic version of nitrofurantoin?

There are generic versions of nitrofurantoin currently available. These are the generic versions of the brand-name drugs Macrodantin capsules, Macrobid capsules and Furadantin suspension. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...