Is there a generic version of nitrofurantoin?

There are generic versions of nitrofurantoin currently available. These are the generic versions of the brand-name drugs Macrodantin capsules, Macrobid capsules and Furadantin suspension. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...