Does fosfomycin interact with any other medications?

Fosfomycin may interact with other drugs. Take particular care with metoclopramide (Metozolv, Reglan), a drug for heartburn, ulcers and sores in the esophagus. This drug increases the speed with which food moves through your digestive tract. As a result, it can reduce the amount of time that fosfomycin spends in your intestines, so less gets into your blood. Other drugs that affect the speed of digestion may have similar effects. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, herbs or vitamins you are taking.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...