Does fosfomycin interact with any other medications?

Fosfomycin may interact with other drugs. Take particular care with metoclopramide (Metozolv, Reglan), a drug for heartburn, ulcers and sores in the esophagus. This drug increases the speed with which food moves through your digestive tract. As a result, it can reduce the amount of time that fosfomycin spends in your intestines, so less gets into your blood. Other drugs that affect the speed of digestion may have similar effects. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, herbs or vitamins you are taking.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
When should I take antibiotics?
You should take antibiotics to treat bacterial infections if your doctor prescribes them. It is very...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...