Does ertapenem injection interact with other medications or food?

Probenecid (Benemid) interacts with ertapenem and causes the blood levels to increase along with side effects. Make sure that the doctor knows if you take probenecid, because you may need a dosage adjustment. Taking valproic acid or divalproex with ertapenem may cause a decrease in the effects of valproic acid or divalproex and you may require a dosage adjustment. Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including prescription and over-the-counter.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...