Does colistin sulfate-neomycin and hydrocortisone have drug interactions?

Colistin sulfate with neomycin and hydrocortisone is used as an ear drop to treat ear infection and should not be taken internally or used in other areas of the body. Long-term use of antibiotics may lead to resistance to antibiotics at a later time.

If used as directed, colistin sulfate with neomycin and hydrocortisone does not appear to interact with other specific medications or foods.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...