How does Ketek interact with other medications or food?

Ketek can interact with a variety of other drugs. It should not be used with pimozide. Do not take Ketek with rifampin. Other drugs with potential interactions include: blood thinners such as warfarin, cholesterol medications, ergot medicines, sedatives, heart rhythm drugs, seizure drugs, metroprolol, tacrolimus, sirolimus, cyclosporine and digoxin. Some drugs, such as itraconazole and temazepam, should be used with caution, since they can interact with some of the same biological systems as Ketek. Make sure to talk to your doctor about your drug regimen before taking Ketek.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...