Does bacitracin ophthalmic have sulfa in it?

Most bacitracin opthalmic preparations do not contain sulfacetamide (sulfa). If you're worried, however, make sure that your doctor and pharmacist are aware of any allergies you might have at the time they (a) write your prescription, and (b) dispense your medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...