Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?

A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You should check with your healthcare professional. Persistent green secretions lasting beyond five to seven days can indicate a sinus infection, in which case you may need antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue ?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
how can i safely take antibiotics ?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
how do antibiotics affect good bacteria ?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...
who should not use an antibiotic ointment ?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...