What dangerous side effects could I get with ticarcillin-clavulanate?

Call your health care provider immediately while on ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin) if you experience:

• fever or chills
  • rash and/or itching
  • sore mouth or throat
  • dizziness or seizures

Call 911 for:

• seizures
  • wheezing or difficulty breathing
  • swelling of the mouth, lips, face or tongue

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
Michael B. Dahl, MDMichael B. Dahl, MD
Antibiotics can ‘hurt” by allowing bacteria that have randomly mutated against that antibiotic’s mec...