Is Cubicin safe for long-term use?

Long-term use of Cubicin is probably not safe. It has not been studied long term, so details are not known. It may cause side effects that are severe and life- threatening. Although Cubicin will kill susceptible bacteria causing the initial infection, second infections caused by non-susceptible bacteria or fungi may develop.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...