Is Cubicin safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?

Although Cubicin has not been studied in pregnant humans, it is considered probably safe for the fetus because it is not expected to cross the placenta. However, it should be used during pregnancy only if the benefits outweigh the risks. Researchers have not yet sufficiently studied the effects of Cubicin on a baby while breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding, you should make sure that your doctor knows.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...