Is Cubicin safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?

Although Cubicin has not been studied in pregnant humans, it is considered probably safe for the fetus because it is not expected to cross the placenta. However, it should be used during pregnancy only if the benefits outweigh the risks. Researchers have not yet sufficiently studied the effects of Cubicin on a baby while breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding, you should make sure that your doctor knows.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Remember: Antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viruses. Don't push your pediatrician for an...
Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
Antibiotics-when taken for viral infection-can actually have a negative effect by killing only the s...