How does Cubicin interact with other medications or foods?

The following medications may interact with Cubicin: blood thinners, such as warfarin (Coumadin), medications to treat high cholesterol and tobramycin. Taking tobramycin with Cubicin may diminish tobramycin's effectiveness. Cholesterol-lowering medications, such as Mevacor, Zocor, Pravachol, Lescol, and Lipitor, may increase the risk of side effects from Cubicin. There are no foods that are specifically restricted if you are taking Cubicin. It sometimes causes dizziness, and drinking alcohol may make this worse.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...