Does colistin sulfate-neomycin-hydrocortisone have side effects?

Colistin sulfate with neomycin and hydrocortisone may cause a skin rash or decreased urination, which should be reported to your doctor. Long-term use of this medication may lead to hearing damage. Always seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of an allergic reaction, including: hives; difficulty breathing; or swelling near the face, tongue, throat, and lips.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...