How does colistimethate injection interact with other medications?

Colistimethate injection may interact with several different medications, so always check with your doctor about all of the medications you are taking before beginning a new treatment. The doctor will be particularly careful when using colistimethate with other antibiotics, such as amikacin, streptomycin, gentamicin, tobramycin, vancomycin, amphotericin B, capreomycin, polymyxin B and others. Other medications that might require dose adjustment include drugs used to block muscular movement during surgery.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...