Clindamycin topical solution is the active ingredient in a topical antibiotic product for treating acne vulgarus. When applied to the skin, the clindamycin phosphate interferes with the bacteria associated with acne vulgars: Propionibacterium acnes. It is available as a generic and under the brand name Cleocin T.
- Q When should I take antibiotics?
- Q Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
- Q How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
- Q How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
- Q Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
- Q Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?