Clindamycin topical solution is the active ingredient in a topical antibiotic product for treating acne vulgarus. When applied to the skin, the clindamycin phosphate interferes with the bacteria associated with acne vulgars: Propionibacterium acnes. It is available as a generic and under the brand name Cleocin T.
- Q When should my child take antibiotics?
- Q When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
- Q Does clindamycin phosphate topical solution interact with drugs or food?
- Q Should I give my child antibiotics?
- Q Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
- Q Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?