What is clindamycin phosphate topical solution?

Clindamycin topical solution is the active ingredient in a topical antibiotic product for treating acne vulgarus. When applied to the skin, the clindamycin phosphate interferes with the bacteria associated with acne vulgars: Propionibacterium acnes. It is available as a generic and under the brand name Cleocin T.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Mitzi Conover, MDMitzi Conover, MD
Oftentimes, ear infections are treated with antibiotics. It's very common in children under the ...