Clindamycin topical solution is the active ingredient in a topical antibiotic product for treating acne vulgarus. When applied to the skin, the clindamycin phosphate interferes with the bacteria associated with acne vulgars: Propionibacterium acnes. It is available as a generic and under the brand name Cleocin T.
- Q How do antibiotics work?
- Q Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
- Q What is an antibiotic?
- Q What should I know about clindamycin phosphate topical solution?
- Q Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
- Q Should I give my child antibiotics?