Clindamycin topical solution is the active ingredient in a topical antibiotic product for treating acne vulgarus. When applied to the skin, the clindamycin phosphate interferes with the bacteria associated with acne vulgars: Propionibacterium acnes. It is available as a generic and under the brand name Cleocin T.
- Q How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
- Q Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
- Q Does Clindamycin phosphate prevent infection caused by bacteria?
- Q Who should not use clindamycin phosphate topical solution?
- Q What is an antibiotic?
- Q What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?