Does clindamycin phosphate topical solution interact with drugs or food?

You should be able to keep eating what you normally eat, but clindamycin topical solution may interact with other topical medications. Although little is expected to be absorbed into the bloodstream, it may be absorbed enough to cause interactions with medications taken by mouth or injection. If you are suffering from diarrhea as a side effect of using clindamycin topical solution, do not treat it before speaking with your doctor; some medications might make it worse. Other skin medications and products, such as erythromycin and over-the-counter medicated soaps, may also cause you to have increased skin irritation. Discuss your skin regimen with your dermatologist before using clindamycin topical solution with other products.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...