How does clindamycin phosphate interact with other medications or food?

You should be able to keep eating what you normally eat, but clindamycin phosphate may interact with some medications. If you are suffering from diarrhea as a side effect of using clindamycin phosphate, do not treat it before speaking with your doctor; some medications might make it worse. Other skin medications and products, such as erythromycin and over-the-counter medicated soaps, may also cause you to have increased skin irritation. Discuss your skin regimen with your dermatologist before using clindamycin phosphate with other products.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Why must I take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if I have an implant?
James P. Gurtowski, MDJames P. Gurtowski, MD
Antibiotics are important to prevent infection of an orthopaedic implant after dental procedures, be...