How does Cleocin I.V. interact with other medications or food?

Cleocin I.V. may amplify the actions of neuromuscular blocking agents used during surgery. In laboratory tests, erythromycin has been shown not to be compatible with Cleocin I.V., so it is advised these two drugs not be administered together. Tell your doctor if you take over-the-counter medications or herbal supplements, and if you recently had a vaccination with a live bacterial vaccine. Do not mix ampicillin, phenytoin, barbiturates, aminophylline, calcium gluconate and magnesium sulfate in the same IV fluid as Cleocin I.V.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...
When should I take antibiotics?
You should take antibiotics to treat bacterial infections if your doctor prescribes them. It is very...