Can I take quinupristin-dalfopristin if I am pregnant?

Although the United States Food and Drug Administration gives Synercid (the brand name of quinupristin-dalfopristin) a B pregnancy rating -- suggesting that it may be safe to use during pregnancy -- you should know that this rating was based on studies done in animals. These studies did not find that exposure to Synercid caused harm to animal babies. However, no studies have been done in humans. Until more information on the safety of Synercid during pregnancy is available, you should only use this antibiotic if it is needed. If it is possible, using an antibiotic with more safety information available would be a better choice.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

why should i continue taking antibiotics even if i feel better ?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...
when should my child take antibiotics ?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
why must i take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if i have an implant ?
If you've had an implant, it's essential that you take antibiotics before you go to the dentist....
does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose ?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...