Can I take kanamycin if I am breastfeeding?

Research has shown that kanamycin does not easily pass into breast milk, so it may be safe to breastfeed if you receive it. Additional studies are needed, so if you're breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of kanamycin. This antibiotic medication, which is given as an injection (a shot), treats serious bacterial infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...