Can gentamicin be taken during breastfeeding?

The antibiotic called gentamicin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. Small amounts of this medicine pass into breast milk, but it is not thought to be harmful to nursing babies. New mothers, however, should avoid breastfeeding when taking this drug. Additional pregnancy studies are still needed.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

why must i take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if i have an implant ?
If you've had an implant, it's essential that you take antibiotics before you go to the dentist....
can antibiotics treat a viral infection ?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
should i give my child antibiotics for a viral infection ?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
is there a generic version of baciguent ( bacitracin) ?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...