Can I experience unusual bleeding or bruising with imipenem and cilastatin?

Unusual bleeding or bruising can be a side effect of the antibiotic imipenem and cilastatin (Primaxin). If this happens to you, contact your doctor right away. If you experience any other unusual symptoms after receiving a treatment of imipenem/cilastatin, tell your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
When should I take antibiotics?
You should take antibiotics to treat bacterial infections if your doctor prescribes them. It is very...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...